Marine Cable Manufacturer in China
ZTT is a professional manufacturer of marine cables that are widely used for at-seas, offshore platforms, shipboard wirings, and more installations. We offer a complete solution for instrumentation, signal, control, and power ship wiring applications.
- Provides the highest cable flexibility
- Halogen-free and flame-retardant cables
- Manufactured according to IEC 60092 standards
- ABS, BV, LR, DNV-GL, NK, RINA, KR, RS Approved
IEC 60092 Marine Cables
Marine cable is also referred to as shipboard cable. All marine cables are designed to meet the quality requirements of the maritime industry. These cables can withstand saltwater, corrosive environment, vibration, high or low temperature, and more extreme conditions. It is usually made from tinned copper wire conductor, insulated, and armored.
Here in ZTT, we manufacture shipboard cables that are certified by international classification societies including DNV-GL, LR, RS, KR, NK, ABS, BV, RINA and CCS. We offer a wide range of marine cables that are flame retardant, fire resistance, halogen-free, and low smoke to ensure the safety of the shipboard crews. Our shipboard cables are designed to withstand acids, humidity, and more elements. ZTT offers a custom solution to the shipbuilding and marine industry.
ZTT offers marine electrical cables that feature low smoke, halogen-free, flame retardant, and fire resistant. It is widely used for electrical power onboards and can resist saltwater, humidity.
We designed marine communication cables for the control systems and signal transmission in the information processing systems, computers, telecommunication and more.
Our marine armoured cables have a voltage rating from 0.6/1kV up to 18/30kV. The armour can be tinned copper wire braid armor or galvanized steel wire braid armour.
The voltage rating of marine medium voltage cable is from 3.6/6kV up to 18/30kV. It is produced according to IEC 60092-354 standard and type approved by ABS, RINA, CCS, LR.
We offer marine ethernet cables that are low smoke, halogen-free, flame retardant for shipboards and marine applications including Cat5E, Cat6, Cat6A, Cat7 & Cat7A.
ZTT marine coaxial cables are designed with metal shielding to provide greater bandwidth and noise resistance for transmitting signals at high speed over huge distances.
The shipboard VFD cable has the outstanding electromagnetic compatibility. It is designed with 0.6/1 kV and 1.8/3 kV voltage ratings and approved by ABS, RINA, BV, RINA, LR, RS.
ZTT shipboard fiber optic cables include type QFCI and AICI. They are designed with water-blocked construction. It also features halogen-free, low smoke, and LSZH jacketing materials.
We offer low smoke marine cables that are ideal for marine shipboard applications including instrumentation, control system, electrical power, telecommunication, and more.
Why Choose ZTT Marine Cable
We manufacture marine shipboard cables that are fully certified by BV, KR, LR, NK, RINA, RS, ABS, DNV-GL, and more to ensure safety and high quality.
ZTT has a professional sales team to respond in 24 hours after your inquiries. You are welcome to contact us by phone for any urgent project issue.
You can pay your orders through O/A, L/C, T/T, and more payment options. All marine shipboard cables are tested with our in-house quality control team.
We can deliver your shipboard cable within 5 days for in-stock options. Custom cables can be delivered 20 to 30 days after your order confirmation.
Marine Cable Structure
Below are the different structures of a marine cable:
- Conductor: Stranded Tinned copper or Bare copper
- Fire-proof Layer: Mica Tape ( for fire-resistant type only)
- Insulation: XLPE or EPR, which is used for preventing conductor shorting and is commonly used for dielectric.
- Inner Covering: Polyester Tape or LSZH compound
- Armoring: It is an earthed layer of metal wire braiding to protect the cable from damage.
- Outer Sheath: LSZH compound, which protects the cable from moisture, temperature, oil, and dirt.
Marine Cable Standards
We manufacture marine cables that are certified by different standards including:
- IEC 60092
- NEK TS 606:2016
- JIS C 3410:2018
- UL 1309:2017
- DIN 89158/159/160
- IEEE 1580 type P
- BS 6883 & BS 7917
Features of Marine Cable
Our marine cables are designed with beneficial features including:
- Flame retardant
- Low smoke
- Flame resistant
- Fire resistant
Considerations When Purchasing Marine Cables from China for Your Project
There are different types of conductors including bare or tinned copper wire, class 2 or class 5, usually for conductor size above 16sqmm, we recommend class 5 for flexibility purpose.
The electrical and mechanical properties should be determined to choose the right insulation of your cables, usually we use Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation for its excellent performance.
A cross-sectional area identifies how much current the cable can carry. You must remember that huge cross-section areas have lower resistance.
A voltage rating of LV power cable is 0.6/1 kV while control cable is 150/250V. Medium voltage cable rating is from 3.6/6kV up to 18/30kV.
It is the maximum working temperature of the cable without damaging the insulation. Usually it is 90℃.
All the marine shipboard cables should be subjected and qualified to standards including JIS C 3410, IEC 60092, NEK TS 606, and etc.
Marine cables also should be type approved by classification society including ABS, BV, CCS, LR, DNV-GL, RINA, RS, NK, KR, BKI, CRS, and etc.
How ZTT Assures Marine Cable Quality
- Mechanical Performance Testing：Aging oven, low temperature test and pulling strength
- Electrical Performance Testing: Insulation resistance, DC conductor resistantce, dielectric strength and high voltage
- Flame Property Testing: Flame retardant, Fire resistant, Smoke density, Acid gas and Oxygen index
- Material quality control: Supplier qualification evaluation and raw material incoming inspection
- Process quality control: On-line check, packaging and delivery control
- Factory quality control: Factory acceptance test and in-process inspection
- Sampling quality control: Cable sample test and routine test
ZTT Marine Cable Specifications
|Conductor Type||Tinned or bare copper|
|Fire-proof Layer||Mica Tape|
|Inner Sheath||SHF1, CSP, PCP, PVC|
|Armoring||Tinned copper wire braid or galvanized stee wire braid|
|Outer Sheath||SHF1, SHF2, PVC|
|Sizes||Power and Control Cable
Core numbers: 1 – 48
Nominal Cross Section Area: 1.0sqmm to 300mm2
|Telecommunication and Signal Cable
Core number: 1 – 37
Nominal Cross Section Area: 0.75sqmm to 2.5sqmm
Marine cable is widely used for the installation of electrical power distribution for telephones, instrumentation signals, lighting, panels, control circuits, and more. It is designed with high quality to meet the highest maritime standards. It is commonly found on vessels, naval, cruise, and more.
The safety of cargo and passengers are determined by the reliability of the marine cables. Different types of marine cables are designed based on the craft requirements.
Below are examples of marine cable symbols and types:
- FA-TYPC: It means that the cables are flame resistant, and have three cores, PVC sheathed, and EP rubber insulated.
- CJ86/SC: It is XLPE insulation, tinned copper wire braid flame retardant and LSZH marine armored cable.
- MPRX 331: It is XLPE insulation, SHF1 sheathed unarmored fire resistant shipboard power cable.
You can contact us to learn more about other marine cable symbols.
Both tinned copper and bare copper marine cables are suitable for wet and dry conditions with temperature ranging up to 90⁰C.
Marine cables are used on ship boards for applications including:
- Electronic, and more